Monday, January 10, 2011

Brand Focus: Crunch Design

So this also going to be a new idea of ours, along with the new SOTD......... Brand Focus! Pretty much is what it says, we going to bring you some indepth info on the brands that are out there and related to the EDM industry.

First up is someone well known to us here at MTTM. Infact he is part of the team, so why the hell not help promote his own brand: Crunch Design

We had a lil chat with him to find out what it is he has planned for Crunch Design and what interesting things he has on the go!


MTTM: When did you realise you were going to be an artist?

CD: Well, I was born into an arty family. My first memory was my mother giving me a hiding, because my box of newly bought crayons weren't used on my colouring, but rather on, what I thought at the time was a masterpiece along the walls in our hallway. After that I just kept the interest until about 3 years ago when I really discovered my passion for it and carried on working on my somewhat unusual style.

MTTM: Describe your drawing style for us and what influenced it?

CD: I like to try and keep the gritty hand-drawn look in my illustrations. The topics I work with are pretty random, and the drawings that accompany them usually feature grotesque characters based on people and imaginary creatures.


MTTM: What do you use to do your drawings?

CD: My illustrations all begin with a blank sheet of paper. When inspiration hits I begin to draw ideas and outlines with pencil. If I'm happy with the roughs, I redraw them neatly with pencil and go over them with a selection of pens and fineliners. They are then scanned and cleaned up, vectored, and coloured with some minor digital editing.

MTTM: Who do you generally do your drawings for?

CD:  I started off doing a few designs for some of my friends' bands. Although my designs now seem to have blossomed in the Dubstep scene after entering a design competition for the international Dubfreaks crew from the UK. I recently did album artwork for The Wheeze EP by another UK based Dubstep producer and DJ, T-Vicious. Furthermore, I design for you guys here at MTTM since you have given me the opportunity to be part of the team.

MTTM: Glad to have you onboard man! Future plans for your artworks?

CD: In the future I'd love to work with more Dubstep producers, because, apart from the fact that my art gets showcased with the music I love so much, I end up getting the EP's for free - that's just a bonus! I'd also love to do a lot more personal work so that I can have my very own exhibition in the next few years.

To promote my Facebook page I've put together a Dubstep Minimix featuring some really hard and filthy Dubstep tunes by some of my favourite producers.
Hope you enjoy it!

Crunch Design Promo Dubstep MiniMix (Read Description!!) by Crunch*

1 comment:

  1. radical.
    one of my favourite local artists!
    can't wait to work with him again!

    ReplyDelete