Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Volume 32: ILLtastic

ILLtastic in with a LIL preview of the twisted Electro he is going to be firing down this coming Saturday 15th of January at Phuck It, It's Free
at The Bassment Club.

He will be supported by some of the hottest up and coming talent around!

LG Fritz (Dubstep & Breaks)
Half-Life (Dubstep)
Subliminal vs Mysterion (Drum & Bass)
Idioteque (Electro)

ILLtastic will be debuting his newest beat 'BrazILL (Part 2)' at Fuck It It's Free this Saturday and this one is his best yet! It's not yet released, but will be before the gig on Saturday! Be sure to catch it on his Facebook and Soundcloud pages:

F*ck Its Free Promo Mix by ILLtastic

More on ILLtastic right over here:


MTTM: ILLtastic? Bad experience with a bowl of rice!? Tell us about the name man!

ILLtastic: It was originally rap music 2 and a half years ago which is why ILL is in use. I didn't really put a lot of effort into choosing a name because I didn't see myself ever making good music.

MTTM: Do you DJ to showcase your tracks, or produce to get more DJing gigs?

ILLtastic: Producing is the reason I started. DJing is also rad though.

MTTM: We see you playing what we believe is your 1st outdoor festival, tell us more about the gig.

ILLtastic: Yeah I am hitting up Ramfest Cpt on March 4th-6th and of course it's gonna be fat. Banging with Tom Deluxx (France), Haezer, Die Antwoord and other insane acts is always a treat especially on those delicious sound systems. I'm sure its gonna be a cool night, those parties always rock- I'LL make sure of it.

Ramfest link: click click

MTTM: Can you imagine what DJ's and producers must have gone through in the day's before FB, soundcloud etc, how does it make you feel being able to reach a global audience and have your tracks featured on international sites and blogs?

ILLtastic: It's really great to have a cool friend like the internet. Soundcloud are legends of note. Fifteen years ago I would never had been able to get fans in over fifty countries without a label. I don’t know how my music ends up in Iceland or Columbia but I think its fantastic. And I can hear their music too! Thanks internet.

MTTM: Thank you indeed! What sort of gear do you do your business on?

ILLtastic: Ableton Live 8 and an Akai APC40 midi controller.

MTTM: We would have to say that you and Das Kapital are at the fore-front of the up and coming Electro producers in SA, any chance of a collab?

ILLtastic: Thanks man- I am very proud of us and he has done well with his Hypem No 1. We are defenitely on the up. We'll have a production session and if magic happens then why not

MTTM: Any other genre's that you might be wanting to or are going to be giving a bash?

ILLtastic: Sure, I've made some minimal, dubstep, trance and tech at times- maybe one day I'll work on those songs on do something crazy. But that wont be for a while, digging filthy filthy electro at the moment.

MTTM: Awesome man, any last words?

ILLtastic: Be sure to catch BrazILL (Part 2) an orignal that I'll be releasing in the next few days on my facebook page. This song is very next-level for me, I’ve never been so amped to release a new track before.

No comments:

Post a Comment